My grandson was pulled over for speeding and was not

My grandson was pulled...

My grandson was pulled over for speeding and was not impaired in any way. He has a Marijuana card but was not in possession of it at the time. The officers found 1/8 of an ounce in his glove box and they arrested him. Now he is facing a pre trial on the 16th. This is in Dearborn Heights Mi....What can he do to prepare for this

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your grandson have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

On the 12 of this month

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a MI lawyer about this yet?

No..he is being stubborn and can't afford on

4/3/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

He should bring his card into court on his court date. As long as he was already a medical marijuana cardholder at the time of his arrest, he should be able to get show the card and ask that the marijuana charge be dismissed. The amount in his possession was well within the amount that a medical marijuana cardholder is allowed to possess.

Ok I will be waiting
I received your answer thanks

You're very welcome. He should keep that card on him if he's going to have marijuana with him. But if he wasn't charged with driving under the influence, but only with the possession of the marijuana, this charge should be dropped.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Ok will do thanks again

You're welcome!

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney