I just want to make sure...the statues limitation for

Customer Question
hello,i just want to make...
hello,i just want to make sure...the statues limitation for invasion of privacy is 2 years?? i just came back from seeing a lawyer...and he told me it is just one year in new yirk and i can no longer sue them for that. but i can sue them for the emotional distress!!
could you please tell me where i can find the statues limitation for invasion of privacy so i can show it to my lawyer???
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hi. So for intentional infliction of emotional distress, it is one year from the act (N.Y. C.P.L.R. § 215(3); 14 N.Y.Prac., New York Law of Torts § 1:40.). For invasion of privacy, did he provide you a citation to suggest this.

no he did not. so I would like you to help me finding the citation.he told me that i can sue them for (negligent) emotional distress.
Ok. So, unfortunately I can't find any citation that says that it's only one year for invasion of privacy. I certainly could be wrong, and it is entirely possible that the law has changed. However, I do know that negligent infliction of emotional distress is 3 years from the date the incident occurred. You can check the New York Courts website for more information on that. That is something that I can confirm for sure because it comes to directly from the courts.
i checked for that online..and i foundNew York Statute of Limitations for Intrusion ClaimsThe state of New York does not recognize intrusion upon seclusion claims, so no statute of limitations is relevant. See Howell v. New York Post Co., 612 N.E.2d 699, 703 (N.Y. 1993).could you ecplain to me what does that mean???
Interesting. Intrusion upon seclusion is one part of invasion of privacy. For example, there is also public disclosure of private facts that is an invasion if privacy tort. It would take me a few hours of research to find out how New York looks at this specifically and whether your claim is legitimate, but my recommendation to you is that if you filed a lawsuit in small claims I have a reason that a judge would probably award you something for this person's Behavior.