I need to know is can your spouse take your only car? Texas.

Customer Question
Hi I'm Joy What...

Hi I'm Joy What I need to know is can your spouse take your only car?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I just received the papers today and he wants the house and car. he lives in oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No theres to much to go into

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good afternoon. Was the vehicle
Purchased during the course of the marriage?
no thank you
Thank you. If the vehicle was purchased during the course of the marriage it would be a marital asset. He can not just take the car as you have a shared legal right and interest in it and can object and oppose his request. You can demand it along with the house if you want and if you and he can not agree and work out who will obtain what, the judge will decide.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!