If your in a motor vehicle accident can I get 911 calls in…

Customer Question
If your in a motor...
If your in a motor vehicle accident can I get 911 calls in the time period of the accident. State patrol said they had many calls all they took was a state patrol on other side of road
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 21 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
This would strike three on just ask I’m not happy
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry for the long delay. Sometimes, there are more questions than experts available to answer, but we're always working to answer your legal questions. As far as whether you can get 9-1-1 calls, the answer to your question is yes. The calls are recorded and you can always request the information. If you are involved in any kind of litigation, either civil or criminal, you can always subpoena the documentation from the state as well and they will turn it over pursuant to that subpoena. The court may also subpoena those records as well.

Regardless, I'm here to answer any follow up questions you may have about this. How else can I help you today?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thanks for the help so no strike three cool
So how does a common folk get that subpoena in action

Good question. Generally, you have forms that the court makes you fill out that you send along to the party or organization that has what you are looking for. For example, in California, the SC-107 is the document you send along with your request to identify what it is that you're looking for from that party. Your local court probably has some documentation that is similar so you would need to ask them because it is often specific by state and by county. Regardless, they generally only have 30 days to turn the information over to you. If they don't, you can ask the court to compel them to turn the information over. Also, if they don't, those in charge could be fined.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok I will check with Who for 911 it happened in grays harbor and state patrol is with holding camera that shows facts of the case they say after court is done ?? Along with my truck ( deadly weapon ) that has no noticeable damage scratched paint

I see. Well, if you subpoena them, then they can't hold it, but you won't be able to start it until some court proceeding is initiated. So, if I were you, I would consider what you want from the state patrol and work up your request to them. By law, they're required to turn it over.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer