Sure Please. I was just reading about Civil Rights at Indian…

Customer Question
Sure Please. Lawyer's Assistant:...

Sure Please.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I was just reading about Civil Rights at Indian Casino/ 2015. So hope there’s some changes.. I'm in MASS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I was at Foxwoods yesterday I have everything in video

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sure The security came to me right when I was playing interrupted me asking to go to my room and prove my dog has the paper work. I left my chips everything behind and prove to him. But it ruined my night so uncomfortable how it happen

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 17 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Do you know how long it could take?
This adding to the moderator first question.
The location was In Connecticut @ Foxwoods Resort Casino.
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 16 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I was at Foxwoods Casino last Sunday with my ESA dog (only 4 pounds) he’s well trained (behaved). A woman who I played on her table complained about and I left the table. Few minutes later I was at the rollete playing when 2 security interrupted me asking to show my dog papers. I realiazed it was in the room and Went to get it. I video him looking reading the papers n my uncomfortable situation. The law does not agree with him making me so uncomfortable like that.. since this is an indian land I want to know what’s my rights please.
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 15 days ago

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. So, if I understand correctly, he asked you to show the papers and it made you uncomfortable and you're wondering f there is any liability with that?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Correct. I know is illegal what he did according to the state Of CT but Im not sure how it’s applied to the Indian Casino. Can you please ley me know?
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 14 days ago
You know, I wish that I could help, but because tribal lands are sovereign, that's not something I could assist with in it's entirety. I'd just end up misleading you because I don't know and I don't have any way to research tribal law causes of action. Not to worry, I can opt out of the discussion and let someone who is an expert go ahead and take over.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Please. Thank you
Tina, Lawyer