The following is my situation with Alamo car rental. Please…

Good afternoon, the following...

Good afternoon, the following is my situation with Alamo car rental. Please advise if I have a case or not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Please read the email correspondence

4/3/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I do not see any e-mail correspondence.

Kindly post your issues here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Image
Stacy(04/02/2018 10:18 AM)
Dear Almunir Ramji,
Thank you for your response.
In this case I have advised multiple times that I am not able to force the location management to do anything regarding their rental billing--you will need to bring this up with the location management. As previously advised, you may also reach out to rentalcars.com or alamo.nl but if you choose not to, that is completely your decision.
At this point I am forwarding your feedback directly to the branch who will reach out to you regarding your experience.
Your reference number for this incident is: 180331-000615
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,
Stacy
Alamo Rent A Car Email Customer Service Representative
Almunir ramji(04/02/2018 10:09 AM)
Dear Stacy,The reason I want to escalate it to the corporate level is I have suffered emotional distress due to Alamo’s poor training/ potential fraud/scam and definitely lies at the branch level. I want to make sure this does not happen to someone else ever again, especially travellers who are coming over from a long flight with a kid and than being told that their reservation is no longer valid. Put yourself in my shoes and you will maybe better understand:1. Having to now potentially pay additional $500+ for a rental you already booked and paid for. Having to email you back and forth instead of having no worries and just enjoying time with my family.2. You seem to keep mentioning Rentalcars.com, not sure what for. I rented the exact same way through them last year( I have proof) with the same drivers license and credit card WITHOUT any issues! The only difference was that it was Hertz and I have already sent you the link from Alamo.nl that a residence permit for Netherlands is required and was provided and NOT accepted here.You still seem to be skirting the issue. Please show me the exact policy that I have violated and the corporate email. If you are not willing to do that, I will hire a lawyer( won’t cost me a dime) and we can go to court. I hope you are at least smart enough to understand that would be the worst outcome.Do the right thing: resolve it in an amicable manner and use this incident as a learning exercise instead of not taking any responsibility.Regards,
AlmunirSent from my iPadStacy(04/02/2018 09:28 AM)
Dear Almunir Ramji,
Thank you for your response.
In this case there is no need to escalate the matter further, beyond escalating it at the location which has already been done. If the location has decided that they will not accept your pre-paid voucher then we cannot force them to. The location management has final say regarding billing.
I advised you to reach out to Alamo.nl and rentalcars.com in an effort to resolve the matter. If you don't want to reach out to them, that is completely your choice, but it may help expedite a resolution.
1. I did not rent at a Alamo branch so I do not understand why you want me to read or contact Alamo.nl via the links provided.
You did rent the vehicle at Alamo. Your rental agreement is #751955645 and it is an Alamo rental agreement at the Alamo airport location.
2. I should not be penalized and gouged because Alamo agents do not recognize foreign residency permits as they are rare according to your response, but yet I sent you a link from Alamo defining the policy and I have not violated it, but your agent here in USA has. Furthermore, you still have not provided me with any proof that I was in breach of or violated any Alamo policies! This is an internal training issue that Alamo has failed to properly train their staff about.
The rental location made a decision based on the information provided to them when you arrived and they decided to not release a vehicle to you. Again, you're going to have to direct this feedback to the location, rentalcars.com or alamo.nl customer service.
3. I am not requesting branch/manager email information, I am requesting the email info at the corporate level. Alamo or better yet, Enterprise Holding( parent company).
We do not have access to or provide corporate email addresses to customers. All escalation needs to take place through branch management. As previously advised, they have final say regarding rental charges. If you feel that your issue is not resolved when you return the vehicle you can request that the station manager reach out to you.
Either way, as the branch advised they are not going to take the voucher, we will not be able to assist further beyond requesting that branch management reach out to you.
Sincerely,
Stacy
Almunir ramji(04/02/2018 09:17 AM)
Good morning Stacy,Could you clarify your response because you seem to be lacking in your understanding of the situation and you keep go
Good morning Stacy,Could you clarify your response because you seem to be lacking in your understanding of the situation and you keep going back and forth between Alamo and Rentalcars.com. I think it would be much better if you passed my incidence to your supervisor or manager who would be better trained to resolve the problem. As well, you still have not provided me with the corporate contact information that was requested in my previous email.1. I did not rent at a Alamo branch so I do not understand why you want me to read or contact Alamo.nl via the links provided.2. I should not be penalized and gouged because Alamo agents do not recognize foreign residency permits as they are rare according to your response, but yet I sent you a link from Alamo defining the policy and I have not violated it, but your agent here in USA has. Furthermore, you still have not provided me with any proof that I was in breach of or violated any Alamo policies! This is an internal training issue that Alamo has failed to properly train their staff about.
3. I am not requesting branch/manager email information, I am requesting the email info at the corporate level. Alamo or better yet, Enterprise Holding( parent company).WHY did you think I wanted the contact info for the branch? I don’t need that because I am going there tomorrow to return the car anyways. I can easily provide feedback in person. What I requested is the relevant email at the corporate level because you are just deflecting and we are no closer to resolving this screw up by Alamo.Regards,
AlmunirSent from my iPadStacy(04/02/2018 08:38 AM)
Dear Almunir Ramji,
Thank you for your response!
When booking from abroad the agents are advised to look for a license that matches the country of residence. It's likely that they don't receive residency cards too often, so it may need to be a policy that's clarified with the branch.
In this case I would suggest you reach out to the email addresses below and explain the situation:
◾Algemeen:***@******.***
◾Customer Service:***@******.***
I would just advise that you booked as a resident of the Nethelands because you have a residency permit--you just don't have the drivers license.
If they find that the location was in error when denying your voucher they can request that our Tour Department add it during or post rental.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but we do not have access to branch/manager email addresses, and, unfortunately, since they did not accept the voucher we are not able to add it on our side.
Sincerely,
Stacy
Almunir ramji(04/01/2018 05:35 PM)
Dear Stacy,Thanks for the reply, here is the link from Alamo.nl in English ( https://api.alamo.nl/av/pdf/US.pdf ).After reading item 4(second paragraph), your rental agent is violating your own policy because I did tell her that I have a valid resident card for Netherlands and was told that it did not make any difference to my situation which is of course false. Please clarify.As well, could I please also have the email address of the supervisor/customer service manager at the corporate office? I would like to provide feedback to him or her after I drop off the vehicle. Thanks!Regards,AlmunirSent from my iPadStacy(04/01/2018 11:48 AM)
Dear Almunir Ramji,
1. Why was I lied to regarding the CDW and extra insurance? I should not be paying that, so I expect those charges to be voided in full
I have forwarded your feedback to the location so you can address it upon return as previously advised. I am not able to make any updates or modifications to an open rental.
2. Why was I told that the Masters was this weekend when it has not started? Would like further clarification on that. I have a rental agreement that was left in the glove box from the previous renter dated March 27 and his rate was 50% less than mine. Why is that?
I cannot advise why the rental agent told you what they told you as I am not the rental agent. You can inquire with the location about that upon return.
Regardless it is Spring Break season, so rates are increasing as more and more people are traveling. The renter who had the vehicle before you could have booked the vehicle months in advance to receive lower rates.
3. I told the agent that I have a residency permit for Netherlands, I live there because of a temporary work assignment and that is why I used the European booking site and why I have a Credit card in Euro currency. I booked through the same third party a year ago without any issues for Hertz car rental.
Again, this is something you should address with the rental location upon return since they advised you would not be allowed to use the rate.
4. Can you forward me the exact wording of your policy regarding not honouring a European
4. Can you forward me the exact wording of your policy regarding not honouring a European rate when the license is Canadian or outside the EU?Looking forward to your responses.Regards,
AlmunirSent from my iPadStacy(04/01/2018 10:58 AM)
Dear Almunir Ramji,
Thank you for choosing Alamo Rent A Car for your car rental needs! My name is***** will be happy to help you today.
Thank you for contacting us!
Since this reservation was booked and paid for through a third-party, we cannot issue a refund. You are free to reach out to the third-party through which you booked your reservation and request a refund!
In regards ***** ***** in Euros, in this case you provided a Canad***** *****cense so the rental is not eligible for the European rental rate.
Alamo Rent A Car prides itself on having the most competitive rates available. There are times, however, due to special events, holidays, or simply an increase in demand, in which we may not have the lowest rate available. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience of being unable to have the lowest rate for you this time around.
I am happy to assist you with your other feedback as well. I have sent your message and contact information directly to the management's office of your rental location! A representative from their office will then be able to review your feedback and the concerns you have expressed regarding your Alamo Rent A Car rental.
Your Alamo Rent A Car Reference Number: 29505460.
When you return the vehicle, just give them the reference number above so that they may get the issue addressed before your final billing.
Sincerely,
Stacy
Almunir ramji(03/31/2018 07:12 AM)
This is what happened to me on Thursday, March 29. I would like a response ASAP so we can either get this resolved amicably or through a lawyer. Your rental agent did not follow your own policies, lied and committed fraud( I assume she figured I was an easy target because I was a foreigner).Good morning,I am writing regarding an issue I had yesterday when picking up my car rental. I presented my voucher along with my Canadian drivers licence and passport and was denied a rental because I paid with Euros( silliest thing I have ever heard). I was told to contact you and claim the amount paid to rentalcars.comMy family and I flew from Amsterdam and we desperately needed a car to get to my sister’s house.The Alamo agent did not provide any further answers to my questions as to why this was an issue. I had no choice but to get a car at the counter as a walk in for which they have charged me over €400 instead of under €200 as agreed and paid to Rentalcars.com!I would like confirmation from you ASAP as to whether this is a scam or not. I will be contacting Alamo as well as a lawyer to sue them if necessary. In the meantime I would appreciate a full refund from you as Alamo has refused to honour the voucher based on the grounds stated above. If I do not hear from you within 24 hours, I shall be contacting my credit card company to initiate a refund. Please respond ASAP so I know how to proceed against Alamo. I rented through your site last year for Atlanta as well and had no issues whatsoever( Hertz). The strange thing is that she took the payment for €400 on the same credit card in Euro!!P.S. I asked her why it was over double the price and these are the reasons given:1. It is the Masters Golf Tournament this weekend so limited amount of vehicles available as walk in, so higher price. ( this is false because once I got to my sister’s house, I found out that the Masters STARTS AFTER I return the car...5 April!!)2. Charged me over €100 for CDW even though I told her I wanted to decline it as it was covered by my credit card and she told m that it was mandatory to have this insurance as I wasn’t an American citizen. ( This is false as well, I am 50 years old and have rented vehicles dozens of times before and never had this said to me here. I also read the fine print in the rental booklet she gave me once I got to my sister’s place and it clearly states that it is not necessary to have CDW to rent a car!!!).3. Charged me over €70 for EXTRA insurance and when I asked her what this was for, her reply was again that I was a foreigner and in order to get the rental car it was necessary to agree to the terms she stated!!At this point, I just gave up and told her that I had no choice but to agree at this time as we had just come all the way from Europe and we had our 4 year old daughter who was crying because she was tired and hungry. She shoved a paper and told me to initial wherever she had circled and to sign on the back of this page.To say that I am upset is a huge understatement! Instead of enjoying the few days here with my family, I have not been able to sleep. Spent
To say that I am upset is a huge understatement! Instead of enjoying the few days here with my family, I have not been able to sleep. Spent a lot of time reading the fine print, finding an email to contact you and waiting for a response. I have paid about €600 in total for this rental and now I have to spend all my effort to make sure I get my money back. My family here has said that I should hire a lawyer and sue Alamo for fraud and to post my experience on social media so other customers are not put in this horrible situation. I need to get clarification from you before I proceed with Alamo.
P.S. I asked her why it was over double the price and these are the reasons given:1. It is the Masters Golf Tournament this weekend so limited amount of vehicles available as walk in, so higher price. ( this is false because once I got to my sister’s house, I found out that the Masters STARTS AFTER I return the car...5 April!!)2. Charged me over €100 for CDW even though I told her I wanted to decline it as it was covered by my credit card and she told m that it was mandatory to have this insurance as I wasn’t an American citizen. ( This is false as well, I am 50 years old and have rented vehicles dozens of times before and never had this said to me here. I also read the fine print in the rental booklet she gave me once I got to my sister’s place and it clearly states that it is not necessary to have CDW to rent a car!!!).3. Charged me over €70 for EXTRA insurance and when I asked her what this was for, her reply was again that I was a foreigner and in order to get the rental car it was necessary to agree to the terms she stated!!At this point, I just gave up and told her that I had no choice but to agree at this time as we had just come all the way from Europe and we had our 4 year old daughter who was crying because she was tired and hungry. She shoved a paper and told me to initial wherever she had circled and to sign on the back of this page.
Good morning sir,The just answer portal will not let me post in entirety so it has been sent in batches. My apologies.Best regards,Almunir

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me some time to review your posts and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

It is hard for me to understand what is going from your e-mails.

You would need someone to review these posts/attachments through the site's premium service for additional fee. I do not participate in that problem. However, any interested Attorney would contact you with an offer for document review. I will go ahead and opt to open the post to other Attorneys.

Best wishes,

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as it seems your previous contributor had to leave.

Based on everything I have read above regarding your case, this is an allegation of breach of contract with the local company and POSSIBLY unfair and deceptive business practices. As such you may file a complaint with the Georgia Attorney General Consumer Protection unit, since you said it happened in GA: http://www.consumer.ga.gov/consumer-services/filing-a-complaint

If the GA Attorney General cannot resolve the matter, then you would have to exercise your final option, which is you have to file suit in court in GA against the company for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive business practices. You will need a local consumer attorney in GA, which you can get at http://www.hg.org and if you are able to prove unfair and deceptive business practices in court, then you would be entitled to triple damages plus attorney's fees. However, if all you can prove in court is breach of contract, you cannot collect anything more than the amount you actually lost.

In GA, you cannot claim emotional damage or distress for a contract claim, so please do not make that claim to them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your prompt and thorough response!

Thank you.