WHEN A FURNITURE COMPANY DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY…

WHEN A FURNITURE COMPANY...

WHEN A FURNITURE COMPANY DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. i CANCELED MY ORDER AFTER WAITING OVER A MONTH FOR FURNITURE WITH NO CLEAR EXPLANATION. i HAVE CALLED CORPORATE OFFICE AND LOCAL OFFICE . THEY WILL NOT WRITE THE CHECK FOR MY 5,100 DOLLARS. wHAT DO i DO AS A CITZEN.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TEXAS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well I have call both offices and not gotten a decient answer. The local office manager says she will write an email to corporate. I call corporate and the vice president is in a meeting or they will not answer the phone. They will not give me the name of the president so I can sue. How do you find out the legal owner of a business if it is a franchise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They never gave me a delivery date. I am very disappointed. I am a Hurricane Harvey survivor and I just want my money back. This is very stressful. I took a loan out to purchase my furniture. I just wanted on debt not furniture debt too.

4/2/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they were supposed to make delivery in a reasonable time and they failed to do so, then you have a right to hold them in breach of contract. If they will not refund your money upon demand and notice of breach of contract, then your next step is to file suit against them in small claims court (if the amount is less than $10,000) and you can do so without an attorney and you can seek your damages from them for breach in the form of a complete refund.

You can also file a complaint against them with the Texas Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau first and they can assist in resolving the matter without court. If they cannot get a resolution for you, then you can still file suit in small claims court for up to 4 years from the date of their breach, which is the statute of limitations in Texas for breach of contract.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for the information. Do I need a lawyer in small claims court?
This layer is rated at five stars.

Thank you.