Trying to register a car that is from Arizona originally,

Customer Question
Trying to register a...

Trying to register a car that is from Arizona originally , then was registered in Canada by a Canadian citizen. The registration is valid. The owner does not have a title, except a copy of the original Arizona title which is not acceptable to Dmv. Can the owner get anotherArizona title

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Buying a car , but I only have a copy of the title. Can I get a replacement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

This car was originally bought in Arizona, the owner took it to Canada and it now has a Canadian valid registration . Can we just get a title from Arizona?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The owner is older and somewhat ncapacitated. I am the buyer

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are going to need a US Customs certification that the Canadians received when they brought the car into the US. Without the US Customs Certification, non DMV will allow the car to be registered. Even though the car was originally purchased in the US, when it is brought back to the US, to get US Title and sell in the US, you still need to have the US customs certification from the border where it is brought in. Together with the bill of sale that is all you need to register and title it back in AZ.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I have a vehicle import form from Alberta, Canada dated spot 9, 2009, a copy of vehicle inspection, a Canadian border services agency, describing the vehicle and showing fees paid and document number. Is it what I need? And how do I proceed

Thank you for your reply.

If you have the certification from border that is all you need together with bill of sale and registration.