I had a person who was working with my son. They would

Customer Question
I had a person...

I had a person who was working with my son. They would purchase cars and fix them, then sell them. We thought he was a friend, nothing in writing, I do have bank statements where I withdrew money. He has left the state with titles to five vehicles and owes me money, what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Colorado and he is in Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing other than talking with him. He is always a step away from getting me some of it back. I don't even know where the vehicles are. I feel stupid. I lost my husband last year and I guess I wasn't as smart as I should have been.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The amount is around $30,000

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 22 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you have to file lawsuit against him in Arizona where he has moved to with the cars to get your money back. You have to present evidence that he owes you the money.

You would need to find his address so that you can serve him with the Court papers.

Arizona Courts system has self-help web page you can use to generate Court forms for filing with the Court. Click here for more information.

You may in the alternative retain the services of a civil litigator in Arizona to assist you with the case. You can Google Attorneys who handle civil litigation in Arizona or

can use the following sites to find Arizona Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law