Just filed for appeal with the court of appeals of .I dont…

Customer Question
Just filed for appeal...

Just filed for appeal with the court of appeals of virginia .I dont have an attorney . I couldnt find one to take my case. I filed a claim with workers compensation. My claim is for an occupation desease and a left wrist injury that i sustained in 1972 while working at the Newport news shipbuilding company. My claims were denied that I filed July 18,2016, September 15, 2016, November 18, 2016, and Febuary 15,2017 were denied.On October 13,2017 I filed for an appeal with the appeals court.On March 16, 2018 I filed an amended pleadings to my opening brief an appendix. I also ask for a rehearing on my occupation desease claim because the court said that my brief was not sumitted in time by November 27,2017 pursuant to rule 5A:26. On January 29,*****stated that they received my petition for a rehearing. The court said that the petition did not comply with the court's rules because I did not certify that I provided a copy of the petition to the opposing counsel. The court sent me three copies which I sent Febuary 1, 2018. On March 23,2018, the clerk Cynthia L. Mccoy sent me a letter on behalf of the Deputy Clerk stating that my rehearing is denied after I sent a brief in. The court also denied or dismissed my my March 16,2018 amended pleadings on March 26,2018. Question: what can I do next. Thank you very much.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None so far I am seaking advice on what I can do.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 19 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Why is it taking so long to get an answer.
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 19 days ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
If you would like to wait for a response, please let me know.
If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Waite a little while longer.
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 19 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks very much for your patience on this. So, if a court has denied your amended pleadings, then you have to check to see if they dismissed your claim with or without prejudice. If they dismissed it without prejudice, then this means that you can refile at any time. If it is with prejudice, then that means that you cannot refile the case at all. My recommendation is to ensure that you follow the procedures for appealing again so they can't deny you on procedural grounds.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Tina, Lawyer