I need to go to probate court before my parents home is

Customer Question
I need to go...

I need to go to probate court before my parents home is foreclosed upon

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went to court because they were trying to serve us with papers and the Judge suggested that I go to probate court to get on the deed so that I can have a modification done because the house is upside down

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically can I help you with?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
On what I need to so in probate court and should I get a lawyer

okay thank you - I would recommend hiring an attorney to help with the filing of the documents concerning the foreclosure of the home. There are multiple things you can file in probate court to delay and stop the foreclosure of the home and if you want to go down the road to getting your name on the title you can do that as well. With a lawyer's help the filing process and the negotiation process with the bank will go significantly smoother.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How much will you Charge

I can not represent you - You can find a great probate attorney through your local bar association. They will have a referral program and be able to get you in touch with an attorney who can help.

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer