I entered into an agreement with American consumer credit to…

Customer Question
I entered into an...

I entered into an agreement with American consumer credit to be released from a time share that i was coerced into signing for they promised that it would take six to nine months to obtain a release, it has been approx, 1 1/2 yrs. ; all they can tell me is that it will take more time . what recourse do i have in order to get this resolved

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Upon their instruction cease all contact with the time share owners and make no payments. They sent me paper work that i had to sign ( a Ltr of default) which i was told that i had to sign in order be released from that was done last year Sep/ Oct time frame and the release should follow in two to three weeks . Now every time i follow up with them i am told they need additional time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You need to be careful with a lot of these companies. At this time, you can file a complaint with the Attorney General and the BBB and see if they will get involved to get you a refund unless they get you released. Many of these companies have a money back guarantee, so if they have failed to get you released in the time stated, you can demand your money back. You can also sue them if they have breached the contract and failed to perform. I do not know what resort your timeshare is with but if you have not paid in over a year and a half, I have to believe you are in default/arrears and they may be willing to just take the timeshare back and try and resell it, at this time.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!