I have a 27 year old son who i have allowed to stay at my…

Customer Question
I have a 27...

I have a 27 year old son who i have allowed to stay at my house since Jan 12 2018. He does not pay rent and rhere was no agreement for him too. I want him to leave, but he wont. The police tell me that i have to evict him out of my own home and there is nothing they can do. I have gone to the court to see about getting a order of protection because he had threaten me and thresten to burn down my house. The courts said there is nothing that i csn do because he has not physically touched me. The courts said the eviction process is all i can do. I dont understand ehy i dont have homeowner rights. Can you please help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Cincinnati Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Asking him to leave, Calling the police, filing an orxer of protect, but was denied. Handing him an eviction notice on the 19h of March.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is distructive, veribally abusive, has had drugs in my house, steals from me.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 18 days ago

If you gave him notice as you state then you can go file forcible entry and detanier.At the hearing you are given orders of eviction and then the sheriff/constable come and evict him.Thats the next step here.

Self help with forms to do that

https://courtclerk.org/self-help-resources/landlordtenant/

I appreciate the chance to help you, so sorry you are having to deal with all.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer