I'm doing a volunteer repo on a motor home that I've had for…

Customer Question
I'm doing a volunteer...

I'm doing a volunteer repo on a motor home that I've had for 10 years. Because of age and health I can no longer use or afford it . I'ts worth about half of what I owe. I would like to talk to a lawyer to make sure I do it as legal as possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've tried to talk to the finance company for 2 to 3 years about some help. No reply until late last year when a rep told me that the only way they would talk to me was if I was in default of payment. I stopped paying January of this year. They contacted me about a week ago and I agreed to a volunteer repo. So now the legal paper work starts. I don't want to sign anything until I consult a lawyer.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Well you can see if they would release you from deficiency in the paperwork.I am not sure that they would do that.They will sell it, apply it to the loan and likely sue you for balance.

Read the paperwork to see if they are agreeing to waive that, its the single most important item here.If you can avoid judgments that's the best outcome.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.