I have a car loan with my credit union, but they have refus…

Customer Question
I have a car...

I have a car loan with my credit union, but they have refus d to allow me a o make my payments for 2 months now? Aren’t my rights being violated

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Colorado and it states on 2/27/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Tried calling and they refuse to speak with me and leave me on hold for hours?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, they thought I had potentially committed some type of identity theft, and made an incident report with DPP, however I spoke with the detective and offered documents to clear that up, and I haven’t heard from the detective since! That’s been 3-4 weeks ago!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
They are acting in bad faith. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A court could void the loan.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!