I filed a suit against a contractor whom I paid money to but…

Customer Question
I filed a suit...

I filed a suit against a contractor whom I paid money to but they didn't do any work in the house. His lawyer approached me and asked if I was interested in mediation and I said yes, but months later, he said he couldn't find a mediator. Meantime, I contacted the MHIC and they sent a letter to the contractor, but his lawyer came back to say this was a court matter so his client could not respond. The MHIC sent us to mediation, but his lawyer insisted on being present at the mediation. I was not comfortable with that as I was told mediation was only supposed to be between the two of us. Can I withdraw the case and let the MHIC deal with it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Im in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just what I stated earlier, mine is a long story and I really wish i could afford an attorney, but I'm barely able to put food on the table for my family and I owe trades alot of money for helping us get back to our house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would you like a little bit more background, I didnt want to go on and on with the story.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
you can. Or you can condition it on it being the parties only without lawyers.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”