Is your service free? explain this statue: (2)(a) A person…

Customer Question
Is your service free? ...

Is your service free?

Lawyer's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I'm Bob explain this statue:

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

(2)(a) A person who has been convicted of a violation of s. 794.011, s. 800.04, s. 827.071, s.(###) ###-####5), or s.(###) ###-#### regardless of whether adjudication has been withheld, in which the victim of the offense was less than 16 years of age, may not reside within 1,000 feet of any school, child care facility, park, or playground. However, a person does not violate this subsection and may not be forced to relocate if he or she is living in a residence that meets the requirements of this subsection and a school, child care facility, park, or playground is subsequently established within 1,000 feet of his or her residence. Florida !!!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

This case is from 2003....just checking if Florida laws have changed, or maybe my son's case was handled incorrectly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son lived with us since 1998...and there is a small park . They ruled he could not reside there any longer. But this statue seems to imply the he should have not been force to relocate

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the park get built AFTER he started living there?

not sure...but I think the park was there before we moved there

Thank you for your reply.

If the park was there first before you moved there, then that is not the purpose of that Florida statute. The FL statute says that if you were living there first and they put in the park, your son would not be forced to move. That statute is there to protect your son in the event he was living somewhere and they then came in and built a park or school there that he would not have to move.

If the park was already there though when you moved in, then I am sorry, but the statute does not protect him.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.