I am a landlord. I have an exrenter who has filed a small…

Customer Question
I am a landlord...

I am a landlord. I have an exrenter who has filed a small claims court claim against me. I wish to counter file a damages claim on him. how do I do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin....

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No...i think this is good for starters..

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting sued.

The state has Answer and Counterclaim forms online, along with the directions. You can download in either .pdf or Word format. The name of the form you want is "Answer and Counterclaim (Small Claims)," and it's form number SC-5200V. It's a little more than halfway down the page.

https://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/ccform.jsp?FormName=&FormNumber=&beg_date=&end_date=&StatuteCite=&Category=38

Once the form is filled out, you'll make two copies - one to keep for yourself and one for the former tenant. You can mail the tenant's copy, and either mail the original to the court or take it to the court and file it personally.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney