I sold my house with a contract for deed.Can the buyer sell…

Customer Question
I sold my house...

I sold my house with a contract for deed.Can the buyer sell to someone else ? In contract it says it can’t be assumed with out owner written approval and owners knowledge . She also collected 3,000 down and spent it .Also behind on payment then sent me $210 of $ 300 payment . We just happen to go by there and seen different folk in yard .They showed us a signed contract with first buyer ? What can I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Know because we found this out on Good Friday around lunch .

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Brownwood ,Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what I need to do to get this done legal .Get first buyer out .New people live in house now and they want to live there .so I need first buyer out of deal since they broke contract and did all behind my back.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

I sold my house with a contract for deed.Can the buyer sell to someone else ?

Response 1: No, because the buyer does not have title to the property to enter into contract for sale of the property to someone else. You still have the title to the property. This is an illegal and fraudulent action on the part of the buyer. You should immediately give notice of eviction to occupants of the premises and retake possession of your property.

In contract it says it can’t be assumed with out owner written approval and owners knowledge . She also collected 3,000 down and spent it .Also behind on payment then sent me $210 of $ 300 payment . We just happen to go by there and seen different folk in yard .They showed us a signed contract with first buyer ? What can I do ?

Response 2: Tell them to move out immediately because the buyer does not authority to sell to them because the buyer does not own the property, you do. You should also contact your local Police and file complaint against the buyer for this illegal action, for theft.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.