I am on an auto loan with my 19 year old daughter. This is a…

Customer Question
I am on an...

I am on an auto loan with my 19 year old daughter. This is a joint loan which i am primary and hold the insurance. She has taken the vehicle and not returned with it. Do I have any rights on This? What action can I take at this point?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Hampshire

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I haven't I don't know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She's also been receiving toll tickets and parking tickets which mail to my house in my name

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Is she on title to the car?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Bank has title, but I'm pretty sure she is.
Thank you. Unfortunately if both parties are on title and are legal owners each party is entitled to possession.However the court may look to see if there was an oral, implied or written contract dealing with this issue. If so the court may enforce those terms. So for example the judge may order each party to pay a certain amount of the loan. Or they may order the sale of the car with proceeds dicoded fairly if the parties cannot work out who should have the car and when. Or they can order the car belongs to one person and order that person to buy out the other.
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer