I had a guy stating here and he caused an accident on the…

Customer Question
I had a guy...

I had a guy stating here and he caused an accident on the proporty, He damaged a camper and a boat that belonged to me, and lanscaping in my neighbors yard. After refusing to complete any repairs, he locked me out of my ca,per and stole some items. He was also caught easdropping on my conversations and went through paperwork in my truck without permission. I am starting to find items were taken without permission during his stay. What recouse do I have?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

This happended in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The police filed a report after the accident. Ad filed another after I reported the incident where he locked me out of my camper after posting a note to leave the camper unlocked.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just basically that there is now theft involved as well as the property damage and criminal trespass,

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.. are you interested in info on bringing a civil suit to recover damages?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Also criminal charges for things he has stolen.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I think my next step is to have the police update their report to notate items missing.
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 17 days ago

Yes, any police report should be comprehensive and include all stolen items. That can be used as evidence in a civil case as well.

Essentially when a party takes the possessions of another the innocent party may sue for "conversion of personal property". Generally the damages requested are either the return of the specific property via an injunction or the replacement cost of the property.

For claims less than $15,000 small claims is the appropriate case; please see:

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-topics/magistrate-court

If there is a guilty conviction the court may take "judicial notice" of that in the civil case and that will establish that defendant did in fact take the items without permission.

Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer