Can you help me? California. Nothing

Hi can you help...

Hi can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Hi,So i did something pretty stupid. I was in a restaurant and I was sitting by the window sill. I saw a tiny bag of pills (I have no idea what they were) and out of curiosity I picked it up and looked at it. I then threw it back on the window sill and did nothing more with it. Then I realized that if they were illegal drugs the police could potentially arrest me. My fingerprints are on there now. Am I in danger of being arrested or contacted by the police?
4/2/2018
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.While I cannot guarantee nothing will occur, it is HIGHLY unlikely anything criminal will come of this. First, there is no indication that the pills were illegal. Second, if you have never been arrested then the police "lifting" finger prints off the small bag would be useless as they could not "match" the fingerprints to anything on record. Third, and most importantly, you would have to make a huge assumption that the police would commit tons of time and resources to identify who these pills belonged to, again, assuming the pills are even illegal. There is likely no chance of such a commitment as you described the bag as "tiny" and rarely, do police bother with amounts of illegal substances that are just for personal use as opposed to distribute. However, again, this even assuming the pills are illegal.You have nothing to worry about based on the facts you provided.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow-up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions. Rating me costs you nothing.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? I am not an employee of the site and am only paid when you rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Please let me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

Michael Gonzalez