When being served papers for sheriff's sale, is the sheriff…

Customer Question
When being served papers for...
When being served papers for sheriff's sale, is the sheriff supposed to leave the papers on my door if she is unable to locate me?
I was always home and I do not believe she tried to serve me at all. Beside that disturbing fact, I am only concerned with understand the laws about service of notices. Shouldn't she have HAD to legally leave the papers on the door of my home? How can the mortgage company's lawyer tell me that they attempted service and were unsuccessful?? That does not seem adequate for soemthing as serious as losing my home! Thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your questions:

Response 1: No. Service must be made on you personally or someone of age who lives in your household. See Louisiana Rules of Civil Procedure Chapter 2 Articles 1231- to 1234.

I was always home and I do not believe she tried to serve me at all. Beside that disturbing fact, I am only concerned with understand the laws about service of notices. Shouldn't she have HAD to legally leave the papers on the door of my home?

Response 2: See my previous response.

How can the mortgage company's lawyer tell me that they attempted service and were unsuccessful?? That does not seem adequate for soemthing as serious as losing my home! Thank you

Response 3: Unfortunately, I cannot answer for the mortgage company.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.