I'm on felony probation and have been on full disability for…

Customer Question
I'm on felony probation...

I'm on felony probation and have been on full disability for the past 7 years and the judge told me to get a job or go to jail.

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

In the state of Missouri August 2016 I was sentenced to 5 years probation I reported directly to probation officer after court she asked me where I worked I said I am full-time disability so I didn't work the first six seven months and my probation officer was fine with that then the judge in Clinton County Missouri only him called everyone in his County who was on probation to go in front of him when it came to me he asked me where I was working I told him I was going through a divorce and moved in with my mom and your honor I am on full-time disability he got mad and said we both know you put yourself on at find a job in 30 days or you will go to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MO lawyer about this yet?

I have spoken with three different attorneys and they said the judge can do whatever he would like in his courtroom but they all thought it was disgusting and could not believe how he ruled stating that I had to have a job even though I am on full-time disability or I go to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it. He told me I would do everyday of the 5-year probation and I couldn't qualify for the 30 30 program for every month you do good you get 30 days taken off your sentence I've been in trouble once prior for a DUI like 10-12 years earlier then my felony charged with unlawful use of weapon

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2018
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 20 days ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
When you are on full-time disability and have been for 7 years for several health reasons can a judge tell you that he don't care if you're on disability you either work or you have to go to jail when I was first sentenced to 5 years probation felony charge unlawful use of a weapon was August of 2016 I was told to report straight to probation office which I did and when she asked me where I worked I told her I was on full-time disability so nobody said anything about me not working till about 6 months later the judge decided he wanted to see everyone in Clinton County Missouri who was on probation do a follow up with him so we all had to show up in his court room when he said where was I working and I told him I was on probation he got mad and said I had 30 days to find a job 7 days later my mother fell in the house hit her head was hospitalized light stroke completely
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Complete memory loss for 3 and 1/2 Weeks I had paperwork from Mom's doctor's and a neurologist stating since I lived with my mom I needed to be her full-time caregiver she needed around-the-clock care that George then got so mad and said if you can take care of your mom full-time go out and get a full-time job you have 30 days and then return the core I return to court with my attorney and had a part-time job doing around 6:28 hours and I letter from my employer stating I never miss work etc and he was fine with that that was July of 2000 17 I got a new probation officer last month February 2018 and she says I need to be doing for 2 hours email the judge and they he agreed with her now so it got switched again for the third time is this legal do I have any grounds because I just completed my first week of working 40 hours and my body is in so much pain I cannot even function. I have a bulging disc and a herniated disc lower part of my back I have Lupus I have fibromyalgia I recently tested positive for swordsman's disease which is associated with the eyes and lupus. Arthritis in my hands and fingers and COPD and I have had numerous outbreaks with shingles every time I went to court.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Legally can the judge make me go get a job when I'm on hundred percent disability. He says it's work or i go to jail.

Were you determined to be 100% permanently disabled by the Social Security Administration?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
sir I am on disability due to the Social Security Office and I receive medicare
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I have been on disability Social Security since 2010 I believe so for 8 years now

Thank you for your follow up.

Did your attorney present all the evidence / documents showing that you were determined to be 100% permanently disabled by the Social Security Administration to the judge?

Are you represented by an experienced local criminal defense attorney in this matter?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
My divorce attorney said she also done criminal law and she represented me the first time partnering up with Ed Procter and then when things didn't go good my attorney friend Ed Procter cell ed.com with Tim Tipton out of Excelsior Springs Missouri that he done situations with felony charges and so forth so then he represented me they had letters from one of my doctor stating my health issues and it still did not matter to the judge there was another person on disability in the courtroom also and he told him the same thing I don't care if you're on disability work or go to jail he told me in court we both know you put yourself on disability my attorney friend had me write for the transcripts and they went over him several times and they did present the judge with evidence from my doctor and he still said he didn't care that I was on full-time disability again he made a spectacle of me in the courtroom and said I put myself on disability

Thank you for your follow up.

Did the terms of probation contain provision that you would have to be employed full time at all times?

Tina, Lawyer