New Jersey Consumer Fraud act is it the responsibility of…

Customer Question
New Jersey Consumer Fraud act...
New Jersey Consumer Fraud act is it the responsibility of the contractor to provide the buyer with a contract
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

G​enerally, it is the contractor's responsibility to provide a contract for his services. However, it is not required under the NJ Consumer Fraud Act. A homeowner can still sue the contractor under the NJ Consumer Fraud Act even without a contract. Most complaints under the NJ Consumer Fraud Act are as a result of the misrepresentations made by the contractor.

For more information on the Act, check out this helpful article:

https://patch.com/new-jersey/berkeley-nj/home-improvements-and-the-consumer-fraud-act_4d8bafa9

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.