In 2004 was charged with possession. If I can prove my civil…

Customer Question
In 2004 was charged...

In 2004 was charged with possession . If I can prove my civil rights we're violated . I tried to call attorney after I was got out of prison. No one would help. But just found out the transcripts the attorney read are wrong and can prove it. Not even in court on the date of transcript. Can that more the statute of limitations

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

Over 200 under 400 gm meth. But they say I plead guilty. When we went to trial they didn't want to go. They wanted me to sign. I said No. So they locked me up. I went to everyone but no one wanted to help. Was injured at halfway house . Casing elevator fell on my head working for the oilrig. I can prove all my medical was denied. When into depression and just starting to get help

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 25 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The statute of limitations for the civil rights violation would be within 2 years of your release from prison under the Texas statute of limitations. You also had 2 years to sue for your injury under the Texas statute of limitations.

If you did not sue within that statute of limitations the suits are time barred.

However, if you are within the 2 year statute of limitations, then you have a chance here upon proof of your newly discovered evidence to seek to get your conviction vacated and suing for the civil rights claims. However, this will require a local civil rights attorney to actually file, which you could find through the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney