My boss passed away he I was office manager at the tax

Customer Question
Hi My boss passed...

Hi My boss passed away he I was office manager at the tax office I didnot got paid for last month that i worked

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Is there way to get the money and how

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

It was just small firm sole prop

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if I should I wait for his lawyer to pay me cuz the family putting excuse after the day he died

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2018
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

In which State were you employed?

Has anyone filed a petition to probate the Estate?

Have you filed an application for unemployment benefits?

I was employed in CA
I am sure the family petition to probate the estate because the his nephew was saying that he was talking to lawyer.
I haven't filed application for unemployment benefits

Thank you.

You can file a wage claim with the DLSE and they will pursue thus. You can also file a creditor's claim with the executor or administrator of the estate. Remember to include the waiting time penalties of a days wages times 30.

I hope this information is helpful.