Can a employer let you go telling you they think you would…

Customer Question
Can a employer let...

Can a employer let you go telling you they think you would be happier at a different job?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I was let go

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, unless there is an employment contract governing your employment, an employer can let you go for any reason or no reason at all.

However, if you believe that you were in fact fired because of discriminatory reasons (such as age, gender, or race), then you could make a complaint to the EEOC. Not sure if you believe this would be applicable to your situation.

there is a employment contract that says they can let me go for any reason they see feasible

Unfortunately then, you would only have a claim if you were fired for discriminatory reasons.

I hope this has been informative. Sorry I couldn't give you better news, but please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated!