If a General Contractor has dirt removed from a Gated Resort…

Customer Question
If a General Contractor...

If a General Contractor has dirt removed from a Gated Resort Golf Club and is illegally dumped, who is ultimately responsible for the dirt? The contractor or the property owner where the dirt was removed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

No steps taken as of yet. The County has issued two code violations and put a lien on the property that the illegal dirt was dumped.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Palm Springs, CA area. More specifically, Thousand Palms, CA / Permitted, Contractors Storage Yard. Not for dirt/landfill.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The estimated cost to remove and restore property is estimated at over $150,000 and we know who the Licensed General Contractor is.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The property owner would be liable in the first instance. However the owner would look to the contractor for indemnification and payment of any liability. Contractor would look to his insurance for potential coverage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksIf you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!