What is the speed lmit on apartment driveways. Califronia.

Customer Question
What is the speed...

What is the speed lmit on apartment driveways

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Califronia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Just today a couple of minutes a go they almos ran my son over just becasue i pulled him back. i called the owener and he said that he could not do anything my son is autistci special needs that done understamd commands the driveway is aproximate 10 feet from our door step

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Upstairs neighbor speeds through the drive way at excessive sppeds

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 23 days ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

On private driveways there is no statutory speed limit.

The police can issue a citation for negligent driving if the driver is driving at an unreasonable rate of speed, but it is not a situation they could issue a speeding ticket.

Any driver will be expected to operate their vehicle in a manner which is reasonably safe, given the situation.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

Are you online with me?

Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 21 days ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Attorney