Friend in jail. 9 m9nths pregnant. Not receiving med

Customer Question
Friend in jail. 9...

Friend in jail. 9 m9nths pregnant. Not receiving med attention. Pains since yesterday. Hospital can't help. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes executing sentence. Stay until birth. But no medical attention

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Itasca county minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She turned herself in for baby sake.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Waiting long time
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 25 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

She is entitled to basic medical care, that is a civil right pursuant to the 8th Amendment. If she is having medical problems regarding her pregnancy, then you need to get her an attorney to go to court to file a motion in court to get a court order to take her for care. That is really the only option you have to help her.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No attorney available this weekend. Needs asap attention

Thank you for your reply

The Public Defender's Office has a call attorney, but legally that is all you can do or wait until Monday.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney