I was pulled over for supposedly going left of center the…

I was pulled over...

I was pulled over for supposedly going left of center the officer asked me to get out of the car and when i went to put it into park he put his pistol to my temple i said what the hell are you doing and he said he thought i was gonna try and take off. So i wasnt going to bit say i was does that gove him the right to shoot me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes he first said he pulled me over because the plates came back to a suspended driver but in his statement it doesnt say anything about that. And i was charged with htv

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I asked him if his dash cam worked he had in his car and of course he said no because i dodnt go left of center i feel he was profiling me and i pulled into this farm house and drove a long way back before he did hit his lights

3/31/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, he does not have the right to put a gun to your head if you exited the vehicle and were not posing a threat, that is considered unauthorized used of force. That is grounds to file a complaint with the department's internal affairs division for unauthorized force. Just because he said his camera was not working does not mean it was not working.

Of course, if the camera was not activated, legally it would be your word against his word.

Even if you did run, he has no right to shoot you, so I do not know what he was thinking.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Ok he put his gun to my head while i was still in the car and he had asked me to step out. And it has been over a week now and i cant sleep or anything. Everytime i lay down all i can see is his pistol barrel pointed at my head. If i had crossed the center line why didnt he hit his lights right on the spot.
He said he had ran the plates and they had came back to a suspended driver. Well i had turn down one road and he went on by then 3 minutes later i look in rearview mirror and he was 2 feet from my bumper
am i gonna get an answer

Thank you for your reply. It has been 7 days since you received the first answer which you never replied to and I am sorry that we experts are not online all the time when customers reply. You are not being ignored though. Sorry for my delay in responding and I appreciate your patience.

He should not have put any gun to your head if you were no threat of harm to the officer. You have the burden of proving what you claim occurred. If the camera was working as it should be, then your attorney can subpoena the video and it will prove your claims against the officer.

As far as suspended license claim, that too is easily proven by your attorney by the attorney subpoenaing the computer records on your plate and they can even check the officer's computer to see if he ran any plate to corroborate his claims. The computer records can clear you and prove your allegations as well.

So, you can and should use a local attorney to represent you and to subpoena the records needed to prove the officer was making this all up about you.