Can a POA be signed in my car with f. I am in ala. can a POW…

Customer Question
Can a POA be...

Can a POA be signed in my car with f

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in ala. can a POW be signed in a car. My mom mind is sharp as a tack. she just can't walk.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

She had written a will for me, but it was destroyed in a house fire. my will was left at the lawyer's office. he has left town Don't know where he is.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a only child. Where do I stand? My mom is 93 and dad95, he is very Senile.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 24 days ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
There is no law that says where a POA can be signed and, in fact, they are signed in all sorts of places.
The important thing is that it be prepared and executed properly. Your mother’s signature will need to be notarized. So, the notary will need to be in the car when your mother signs.
I am happy to continue if you have further questions.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you online with me?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Attorney