If A person is house sitting and is it legal for them to go…

Customer Question
If A person is...

If A person is house sitting and is it legal for them to go to the Post office and make an address change to where they are house sitting, could they consider that there residents?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada, they moved all of there clothes and bed and personal things

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Is this legal, can the owner make the person leave after the time is or they now consider a resident?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How long are they house sitting for and what is the agreement with the owner?

3months, the person was allowed to store her furniture in the garage, and after the 3 months is up this person is going to another site where they will be house sitting for 2 months. This person has no home now they moved out of there house and started to house sit this house, they have no real address.

Thank you for the reply. No, the person could not change their address to the homes where they housesit, since they are not residents nor have any type of rental agreement. Yes, they stay there and watch the home but do not reside there, so in a situation like this, the person is better of suited simply getting a PO Box and using that to receive mail, if they have no alternative address