I was awarded 100% interest my home from Probate court. I…

Customer Question
I was awarded 100%...

I was awarded 100% interest my home from Probate court. I live in a senior community my home is considered a co-op Condo. However, the HOA association would not honor the letter from the court or the final Order.the Judge signed giving me 100% interest in my home. I fell behind on my mortgage was given a trial period to assume my husbands loan, qualified to assume the loan and Association would not horror the Order or Letters from the Probate court issuing a new Certificate of ownership into my name from my deceased husband. The Bank NCB foreclosed on my home an sold it. Now I am being suied .

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I'm not sure if I am answering a law suit or an Unlawful Detainer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Orange County, CA (Laguna Woods to be exact)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, in the complaint I am a Defendant, they say I was served, but I was never served the three day or anything. They did post on my front door the summons and complaint (Unlawful Detainer) I just have no idea what I am defending here and the new owners do not know I had been awarded this property.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What type of response do I file? and how long do I have to file my answer with the court? I was served by posting on the 23rd of March. Do I still have time to file my response?
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

So sorry to hear about your situation. An unlawful detainer is essentially an eviction. Sounds like the people that bought the house in foreclosure are seeking to have you removed.

In California you have 5 days to answer if you were personally served and 15 days to answer if the summons was posted on your door and then mailed to you. Sounds like it was the latter so you still have time to answer. Here is a form answer for California that you can use:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ud105.pdf

Did you have any further questions that I could answer? If not I would appreciate it if you would rate my answer (5 stars is appreciated). Thank you!

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer