My wife told me tonight to leave nigeria she must get a

Customer Question
My wife told me...

My wife told me tonight to leave nigeria she must get a medical for klm airlines

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Nigerian lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Pay for the airline tickets

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My wife told me she must get a medical before the airline will give her the tickets to come home to atlanta Georgia

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 22 days ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

When you say "your wife", did you get married in the USor in Nigeria?

.

Or are you planning on getting married when she gets to the US?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
We got married in nigeria .i dated her here in the u.s.a .she went over there to get money her father left her .after he died when she get back here to Georgia we are going to get remarried here

I am sorry, I have to opt out as something has come up... I will open the question to other experts..

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 22 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I am a different expert. There is no necessity for a medical examination to leave Nigeria and there is absolutely no requirement for a medical examination for a US citizen to return home.

I am sorry to have to say this, but this is a tried and true way that internet romance scammers have of stealing your money. They find some emergency excuse that keeps them from boarding the plane and coming to the US, and once you pay for that there will be another.

If you married your wife in a proxy ceremony online or via the phone, while you were still in the States, that's part of the scam and it's done to make you feel obligated to pay for her support. In fact, the marriage would not be recognized over here. If you were with her in Nigeria and married face-to-face in a civil or religious ceremony, I apologize for my presumption.

You suspect something as well, or you wouldn't be posting a question here. If you actually dated her on real-time when she was in the US, it's possible that you are communicating with some impostor who hacked her account and who is using you to try to steal your money. There's no way that I can know for sure.

It is, of course, always possible that due to some local outbreak KLM is requiring a medical exam. There is, however, no word of that online. The way to be sure would be to call and speak to someone at KLM and they can tell you if such regulations exist. What I can tell you, however, is that there's no such requirement in general to leave Nigeria or to come home to America.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 21 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney