I appealed a civil court parental custody hearing pro se to…

Customer Question
I appealed a civil...

I appealed a civil court parental custody hearing pro se to the Colorado sport of appeals and got the ruling overturned in part. The appeals court referred it back to the Gunnison district court. They grossly erred in scheduling the near hearing as ordered by the court of appeals in October 2017, and the day before the district court new hearing, after I had driven 875 miles to attend the hearing essentially cancelled it as they had "forgotten" to secure an interpritor for the petitioner (my ex-wife) who has been in America for -5 years with intensive English schooling. Then upon the rescheduled hearing on this March 20th, I was often cut off testifying by the judge who allowed petitioners council to do the exact same sort of testimony as I had attempted. This young judge who happens to be a neighbor in the very small town of Ouray, CO, who had his ruling overturned, made numerous reprimand to me during my testimony that I had to hurry up as I only had a few minutes left before the court was over. Then his ruling from the March 20, 2018 hearing I just received today in the mail denies me fair ps renting time as ordered by the court of appeals. There is much more to this case if there is anyone who could help me. I'm sadly convinced that only those that can afford council in court will 'Winn. Please help me. This is unjust.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in CO family court?

I filed pro-se to the Colorado court of appeals and got the -2/16 ruling overturned and redirected to the district court

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. I am a social security pensioner and can't effort council.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm certa in there is a lot more information I could providr.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have 2 children ages 12 and 14 from a previous marriage. I moved from Colorado to Arizona in October 2016. Prior to moving I filed with the district court a motion to relocate and a motion to change custody location. In December*****ruled to maintain the 50:50 custody but I had to enjoy mine 875 miles from where I moved to. I pro see filed an appeal with the Colorado Court of Appeals. Court ruled I had been wrongfully ruled to such unworkable custody and required it go back to the Gunnison Colorado district court to formulate a fair and reasonable new custody arrangement due to my new residence.
This court ruled to take away my 50:50 custody and granted petitioner (ex-wife) full custody and granted me 3 weeks of summer custody with only 2 contiguous weeks and a few school vacations.
Judge had grossly erred in court scheduling. Appeals ruling came to district court in October 2017. District Court set hearing for February 6, 2018. On February 5 I received notice that district court had neglected to secure a court translated for petitioner after I had driven 875 miles to attend the scheduled hear the next day. They went ahead and put me on the witness stand to be grilled by plaintiffs attorney but I was not allowed to question plaintiff since the bogus translator wasn't available. Reschedule hearing for March 20 th. During this portion of the hearing judge allowed plaintiffs attorney a line of questioning However when I attempted exact same area of questioning judge disallowed it. Judge towards late morning continually interrupted me saying I had to hurry as time was almost expired for the hearing though I never was told there was a time limit.
Then ruling of this new district court removed my 50:50 custody which I had enjoyed since 2008 when petitioner filed for divorce. Gave me the very minimal visitation mentioned above. Multiple violations of final orders by petitioner I pointed out to court ignored. Some serious and felonious.
I strongly believe this young newly appointed judge was biased prior to this hearing by his association with the senior judge who lives in same home town of less than 1000 population. Also I was admonished by the appeals court for not including a table of contents though they still ruled in my favor, and in a brief to the district court I admitted that I risked retribution by the court but I admonished the district court for their sloppy handling of the ' forgotten' hiring of a court translator.
The judge violated the direction from the court if appeals.
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 21 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for providing those details. Although I am in and out of the office today, could you help me understand what specific questions you had for me regarding this?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I want to appeal the district courts response ruling to their directive from the Colorado Court of Appeals

I see what you mean. Ok, so I could put the entire process; however, the CO court of appeals has done a great job of breaking down what you need to file and serve if you click here. It has what you need to do, all the way to any appeals with the CO Supreme Court. You would want to include the basis for your appeal and you may need to make oral arguments as well, but this guide is probably one of the more helpful things I have found. What questions did you have for me regarding this?

Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Hi, I noticed that we never had a chance to reconnect on this. I’m totally ready to help. Did you have any follow up questions for me or any other facts to add? If not, would you be so kind as to rate your opinion of my service?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I am totally dissatisfied with the answers I have received. I have already gone through an appeal to the Colorado Court of Appeals pro Bono. Thus your response has been boiler plate and useless.

Understood. I can assure you the answer wasn't boilerplate and if I may suggest that if you are working with an expert on the site, you should have a discussion with them about your issues so any dissatisfaction can be rectified ASAP. Regardless, thank you for responding. I'll opt out and see if another expert can provide you a satisfactory answer to your question.

Tina, Lawyer