I’m in a relationship with the girl and I also working for…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****’m...

Hi my name is*****’m in a relationship with the girl and I also working for her she keep my pay check for a long time and she doesn’t pay me what is my right here please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet Nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She been Pay me for my daily basics Expensive but not at all in my labor

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
what does I need to do from now to get my Legal right
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/31/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 25 days ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

Per the Texas Payday Law, each employee who is exempt from the overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) must be paid at least once a month; others must be paid at least twice a month. Semi-monthly pay periods must contain as nearly as possible an equal number of days. Within those limitations, an employer may designate any paydays he or she chooses.

Employers must post notices of paydays in conspicuous places in the workplace. If an employer does not designate paydays, the employer's paydays are the first and 15th of each month.If an employee is not paid on a payday for any reason, including the employee's absence, the employer must pay those wages on another business day as requested by the employee.

In other words, payment of wages for time worked should be paid to employees at least monthly, and most employees are paid twice a month.

If you have not been paid in a timely manner, Texas law allows you to file a claim for unpaid wages for up to 180 days from the date wages were due with the Texas Workforce Commission. You can do that online. You will have to set up an account to do so. Or, if you prefer, you can fill out a paper form and send it in.

Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 24 days ago

Please let me know if I may provide you with any follow-up information or may clarify my answer for you in any way. Otherwise, please remember to take a moment to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Doing so costs you nothing extra, but it is the only way experts like myself are credited by the website. You can always reply back (at no additional cost) after rating should you need additional assistance. Thank you.

RobertJDFL, Attorney