Attroney. Nj. Nothing

Customer Question
Nj Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. What is your question?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have signed a non compete agreement with my employer which says I cannot work with my client till 2 years after current employment termination .document had signature on the right hand side of the page , where I signed it.But it also has had date a column where I did not enter any date , I send the document in the email .My question is , Is such contracts valid without the effective date mentioned in it
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
see the attachment below
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are you available ?? I am waiting for the reply
Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 25 days ago

Despite the fat that the document was not dated, if it was properly signed by all parties other evidence can be used to show the circumstances surrounding its signing, thereby providing information as to it's intended effect. Courts seek to determine the intent of the parties, which are often disclosed by their actions. The mere fact that a date was missing is not fatal to the agreement.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer