My ex boyfriend took our vehicle, which was registered to…

Customer Question
My ex boyfriend took...

My ex boyfriend took our vehicle, which was registered to both of us, on September 21st, 2017. On November 10th, 2017, it was towed away and has since accrued towing fees in both of our names. I have since paid off the debt, but I am wondering if I can sue him for the amount paid, because I had not seen the vehicle in the 50 days it was in his possession.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted him and asked if he is willing to pay me back in installments. He has not responded to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is moving out of state to join the Navy soon

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, you can. You can file a Small Claim against him. For Small Claims forms and instructions, click here.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.