I'm a 59 year old woman who was introduced to oxycotin in…

Customer Question
I'm a 59 year...

I'm a 59 year old woman who was introduced to oxycotin in 1998 it's now 2018 and I'm still on them I had no idea I was addicted but I've lost everything I want to sue Purdue my self how I can't get a lawyer to do it for me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None yet I tried to ask around here but they looked at me like I was crazy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I lost my home my family my business all I could think about was to stay out of pain.I will file myself against Purdue even with the fact I don't have the education for t I've also if several time s

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am very sorry to hear about your addiction. Did you have a question regarding this matter that you would like to ask?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
are there lawyers filing for individual s not just the state I want to sure Purdue pharmacy

Thank you. Yes, lawyers handle cases for individuals all the time on a contingency basis. However, the case must of course have merit, and there must be a sufficient probability of a sizable financial recovery--otherwise there is no profit incentive for the attorney and therefore no reason for them to take the case.

I would strongly advise against filing a lawsuit yourself. First, because lawsuits are extraordinarily complex. It takes years in law school and then several years working as an associate attorney to learn how to competently litigate a case. It simply is not possible to do on your own effectively.

Second, if you have a case that is financially worth while to pursue, you will almost certainly be able to find an attorney willing to represent you on a contingency fee basis. If you cannot find a lawyer after contacting a dozen or so personal injury firms, you can usually take that to mean no attorney foresees the litigation being cost effective to pursue. That conclusion should be as meaningful to you as it is the attorney. After all, you don't want to wind up going broke pursuing a losing case any more so than they would.

Tina, Lawyer