I have a house going tax foreclosure in 5 days but I don't…

Customer Question
I have a house...

I have a house going tax foreclosure in 5 days but I don't want the foreclosure in my credit, is it too late to create an LLC and transfer deed to that LLC trust ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dayton

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Unfortunately, transferring the home into an LLC, in addition to likely being impossible to do without first satisfying any tax liens or mortgages, will not remove the tax liability that you incurred as owner prior to any transfer. In other words, you likely couldn't effectively transfer ownership without first satisfying the tax lien and if you did the lien would attach to both your personal credit as the original owner and responsible party and also would attach/follow the property to the LLC. It would not be clean title and it would not eliminate the mark on your personal credit.

I wish I had better news for you but I hope this information is helpful. If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

I wanted to check back in to see if there was anything else with which I could help you regarding this issue.