INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

What documentation does an attorney create to facilitate a

Customer Question

what documentation does an attorney create to facilitate a trust
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: massachusettes
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I am asking this question to determine the operation of an exsisting trust
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to find the initial documentation required by Massachusettes for a lawyer to set up a trust and the documentation or information he (the Lawyer) is requirted to give the recipient of the trust .
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 months ago.
The only required document is the trust instrument itself which would identify the terms, trustees etc. if assets are being placed in trust then new deeds, bank account paperwork would be completed too.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What legal documents are required. If I through my money into the bank and declare its a trust no one is going to accept it as a trust
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am already frustrated with your response. I will not pay for the answer to a simple question for a lawyer., I would exoppect an answer that the lawyer submits a form blah blah blah to set up the trust
. this is done to de3fine the trust allocation and sets up the trust for tax reasons, responsibilities ect.
The trust instrument is normally brought to the bank to retitle assets together with ID.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!