In dec.2016 my wife had cancer. we had exhausted all are…

Customer Question
In dec.2016 my wife...

In dec.2016 my wife had cancer. we had exhausted all are savings. we asked our mortgage company if we could skip the January payment they said no. We were never late and always paid extra each month. they recommended we contact Illinois hardest hit program.we were then notified to a place called consumer defense.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We went with consumer Defense. For 6 months we paid this company 650.00 per month within this time we were served with notices to take away our house. after 5 months of payments I investigated the BBB of their rating and found out they had a f rating. After the 6th payment we changed our bank account number. they wanted more money. Meanwhile we contact our old mortgage which was Nationstar they did help us this time with three trial payments.MR. Copper bought out nationstar and is now our mortgage company. we paid consumer defense 3900.00 they said that THEY CONSIDERED the matter closed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should we have received a statement for our taxes or do they just keep the money without paying taxes on it. Several times in the first 3 months they said they lost our paperwork and the only time we get a return call is when a payment was due.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 19 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

we paid consumer defense 3900.00 they said that THEY CONSIDERED the matter closed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should we have received a statement for our taxes or do they just keep the money without paying taxes on it.

Response: You should have received statement from the company for your taxes.

You should file complaint against the company with your Attorney General's office.

You should also report the company to IRS for fraud. Click here for the reporting process.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I got a responce that is very useful to connect with the parties i needed to respond to. I would give this a 5 star rating. To phiiiipsesq
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 16 days ago

Thank you very much for your generous comments.

Kindly use the popup screen to give the 5-star rating so that I can receive credit for the post from the site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thank you for the advise. I would like to cancel this apt now
Sincerely ***** *****
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 15 days ago

Thank you for the information.

Kindly use the popup screen to give a positive rating so that I can receive credit from the site for responding to your post.

I will close your post after the positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law