I am a 61 disable male, my wife of 4 year years decided she…

Customer Question
I am a 61...

I am a 61 disable male, my wife of 4 year years decided she did not want to be married anymore, at the we got together I had gotten a disability payments, my small home was clear, she had some lots free n cleared, after we married we put both our names on all our stuff, she wanted to improve the house so we took a $120000 improvement loan out for it, she sold a couple of lots and we bought a small store building for $20000it is free n clear, she now wants the store, the free n clear $7000 lot and me give her $60000 toward the house, we had used my disability money for a shop she had at the time we got together, it is all gone, we do not have any children involved, I do not think this is a fairly devided, can you let me what you suggest, thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing just listening to what she want and do not think it’s fair

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: You are correct. She is not being fair here. She wants you to give her half of the loan you obtained to redo the house but does not want to discuss that your disability payments were used for her shop. The reasonable thing to do here would be for you to keep the house without giving her anything else for the house because you have already spent your disability payments on her shop and in exchange she would get the store and the lot. If both of you do not reach agreement, then the properties would be divided by the Court pursuant Montana Code Title 40 Chapter 4 Section 40-4-202.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.