I have been a Medicare participant for about 8 years. I have…

Customer Question
I have been a...

I have been a Medicare participant for about 8 years. I have used Humana as my provider. I switched to a new Humana plan in 2018, that was specifically designed for Diabetic and heart patients. I did not know I had to have my doctor (MD) complete a form until mid February. The form was mailed back to me and needed to be forwarded to Humana, Humana received the form March 1, as I was advised this morning by an Humana employee. If it had been received on the 28th of February, I would have stayed registered. as a result I was cancelled by Humana for the month of March. I have resigned effective April 1. In the meantime, Huana has received my doctors report.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am relatively healthy.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I incurred about $8,000 charges for a sleep study assuming it was covered by Medicare, minus a partial amount that I am required to pay

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 19 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
What are my rights to restore my initial membership to the new Plan? I have re-signed up as of April 1, but my claims for March have been declined. I want to be restored back to Feb 28 when my plan was in place.I apperciate yor help.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
May we continue to discuss this matter?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Or my email is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
let's continue to discuss.. I live In Ohio.
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 18 days ago

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Tina, Lawyer