Just searching for help about my over 25 yr old student

Customer Question
Just searching for help...

Just searching for help about my over 25 yr old student loan. i was repairing until my husband lost his company in 2016. Now I'm trying to find out who has my loan and can't. I tried the Federal Aid site and got an ID but they don't have anything

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

NC. No...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Called the last collection letter contact. They gave an 800 number to find out who had it. They required a federal id. I signed up for the federal id and went directly to federal aid site and clicked how to find who had my loan and still nothing.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 26 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to order your credit report from the three main Credit Reporting Agencies: Experian, TransUnion; Equifax. This report is free and can be requested every 12 months.

The student loan would show up in at least on one or all the three Credit Reporting Agencies. The loan would show the current address of the holder of your loan.

Click here to order your free credit reports.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law