My ex has purchased a ticket for my son to visit him.

Customer Question
My ex has purchased...

My ex has purchased a ticket for my son to visit him. Usually he purchases and unaccompanied minor ticket where there is a attendant who is with my son for the entire trip. This time he booked him as an adult which means he would have to travel on his own like an adult on connecting flights both ways, internationally, through customs and everything (USA to Canada).My son is only 13 and has never done this before. I am not comfortable with this at all and just want to know if I have a right to say no.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 26 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

My son is only 13 and has never done this before. I am not comfortable with this at all and just want to know if I have a right to say no.

Response: Yes, you do. He cannot purchase ticket for him as an adult because he is not an adult. He needs to redo the ticket. Otherwise, your should not let your son travel on that ticket.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law