30 March 2018 11:59 If a lawyer took your case and he only…

Customer Question
30 March 2018 11:59 If...

30 March 2018 11:59
If a lawyer took your case and he only get paid if you get paid. If you decide to get someone else because you feel he is not representing you rightly are you to pay him for attainment

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Md

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We are at the very end where he is making an offer and it is almost laughably only it is serious

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If a lawyer took your case and he only get paid if you get paid. If you decide to get someone else because you feel he is not representing you rightly are you to pay him for attainment specially after two years has gone by

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you hire an attorney on a contingency fee basis and you decide to terminate their services, then legally you would have to pay them for any actual work they can prove that they did on your case and the time they spent. They can file a claim against your suit for that money or they can give you a bill for that amount, it is up to them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

does this also comply with personally injury cases where they take you case for free

Thank you for your reply

Yes, it does. It depends on how much work he can prove he did on the case as to whether he will pursue it or not.

Even if this lawyer quoted saying to early on me he was going to go high on the case and
i got offered a better deal before I sign with him. His settlement for me after two years is only $5000 and I went to therapy for over 2 months or better. Something is still wrong with that picture.

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have the privilege of seeing your fee agreement, but generally he still has to prove HE ACTUALLY did work and if all he could get offered for your case is $5000, then that would be all he could base his fee on, even if you get $100,000 or more.