We put abid out to cut three trees.the person gave us

Customer Question
We put abid out...

We put abid out to cut three trees.the person gave us insurance papers. he cut 2 trees and took down electric lines and struck a apartment building. when a clan was made he had no insurance what to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Call our insurance co they will pay the damage will they go after the logger?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the apartment located?

Jonesville va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What if any law has been broken and who should we contact

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

If your insurance company pays the claim then they will go after the contractor for subrogation of the claim. That means that they will have the right to seek reimbursement for whatever they pay out on account of the negligent acts of the contractor.

The contractor also breached their contract with you and could be directly liable for that with you if you incur any actual financial damages.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.